Sabtu, 27 April 2013

The Malaysian Insider :: Sports


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Malaysian Insider :: Sports


Ancelotti To Decide On PSG Future When Ligue 1 Decided

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 08:51 AM PDT

April 27, 2013

PARIS, April 27 — Paris St Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti is not 100 per cent sure he will stay at the French Ligue 1 leaders and will not make a decision before the title is decided, he said on Saturday.

French media have linked the Italian coach with a move to Real Madrid if Jose Mourinho leaves the Spanish club at the end of the season.

Ancelotti, whose deal with PSG will be extended for another year when they secure qualification for next season's Champions League, said nothing had yet been decided.

"I told the players not to pay attention to the rumours because nothing is done yet," he told a news conference ahead of Sunday's visit to 16th-placed Evian Thonon Gaillard.

"I can't say 100 per cent that I'm staying. I will make a decision when the league is over although it won't be a free call, because I'm under contract until June 30, 2014 ," he told a news conference.

"Hopefully, you'll have to wait for 15 days to know whether I stay or not," he added.

PSG, who have a nine-point lead and a huge goal difference advantage over second-placed Olympique Marseille before this weekend's Ligue 1 matches, need six points from the last five games to clinch their first title in 19 years.

Victory at Evian would confirm a top-three finish.

The top two teams in Ligue 1 qualify for the Champions League group stage and the third-placed side go into the third qualifying round. — Reuters

Malaysian Lee wants another shot at Rio gold

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 08:16 AM PDT

April 27, 2013

NEW DELHI, April 27 (Reuters) - World number one Lee Chong Wei will have another go at winning an elusive Olympic gold medal provided he remains injury-free, the Malaysian shuttler said on Saturday.

Lee lost a second Olympic final to his great rival Lin Dan of China last year and hinted at retirement but his eyes glistened as he spoke about the possibility of being third time lucky.

"Yes, Olympic gold is my dream. I tried my best and twice I lost in the final," Lee, 30, told reporters after cruising into the final of the India Open super series tournament.

"I'll try one more time in 2016 (Rio Olympics) if I stay injury-free," he said when asked how long he hoped to continue playing.

"I'd like to see how my conditions are next year after the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games. If I'm free of injuries, (I'd play) until 2016, one more Olympics."

"Next year, we have a lot of competitions - Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, World Championships and I know Thomas Cup is in India. I hope I can maintain my results and don't sustain injuries because you it's very difficult to recover and get back to court."

Lee carries the burden of a nation that has not won an Olympic gold but he thinks there will be less pressure on his shoulders in Rio.

"Malaysia never won a gold in Olympics. I tried very hard but lost in the final last year," he said.

"I can take it easy in 2016 because I have won the silver two times. There would be less pressure in 2016." — Reuters

Kredit: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Malaysia Insider Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved