Sabtu, 10 Mei 2014

The Malaysian Insider :: Sports


Klik GAMBAR Dibawah Untuk Lebih Info
Sumber Asal Berita :-

The Malaysian Insider :: Sports


Muhd Nur Aiman, Cherie claim Malaysian Open title

Posted: 10 May 2014 06:35 AM PDT

May 10, 2014

National back-up bowler, Muhd Nur Aiman Khairuddin scorched the lanes at Pyramid Mega Lanes in Bandar Sunway en route to his second victory in the men's final of the 37th Malaysia International Open tonight.

He edged national elite bowler, Muhd Rafiq Ismail 2-0 in claiming back the title he first won in 2011 and also took home the winner's purse of RM40,000 and a trophy.

In the stepladder final, Muhd Nur Aiman beat Muhd Rafiq 192-156 in the first game and continued his strong performance in the second game by winning it  209-182.

"I am happy with the results. Of course, the win will boost my confidence to do much better in other competitions. I really want to do my best here and win it in order to improve my ranking.

"I'm currently in the back-up squad and want to return to the elite squad based on my current performance. I hope I can take this winning momentum to the Singapore Open at the end of this month," said the 26-year-old Johorean.

Muhd Nur Aiman was dropped to the national back-up squad in February after the national roll-off earlier this year.

"I want to be selected once again to represent Malaysia at the Asian Games," he added.

Starting from the Masters Open qualifying round rolled off on May 2, Muhd Nur Aiman signaled his intention to give a strong performance by scoring a perfect game (300 pins).

Since then, he signalled that he was all set to battle for his rightful place after being dropped to back-up squad.

The women's category was a battle of two siblings between Cherie Tan and Daphne Tan of Singapore.

Cherie defeated her top seed younger sister, Daphne 224-217 and 237-194 to claim her first international title of the year.

"I'm happy to win my first international title for this year and I'm happy that my game turned up quite nicely.

"This is the first time that I have to face my sister in the final. The pressure of playing against siblings is a bit lower," said Cherie, who turned 26 on May 2.

As for her belated birthday present, Cherie pocketed RM15,000 and a trophy. – Bernama, May 10, 2014.

Rizal Tisin readies for medal hunt in 2014 Commonwealth Games

Posted: 10 May 2014 06:30 AM PDT

May 10, 2014

National track rider, Mohd Rizal Tisin is ready to take on the medal challenge in the 2014 Comonwealth Games in Scotland in July if given the opportunity to return. 

He has recovered from a left leg injury from an accident and hopes with his return, the national cycling squad would be able to put up a strong challenge.

"It took me three years to recover from the injury, but will be worth it if I could deliver the country a gold medal.

"Next month, I will undergo qualifying tests with national cycling coach John Beasley and passing the test will enable me to be eligible for the Games," he told reporters after the organisers of the Southeast Asian Track Grand Prix Series championship in the Cheras Velodrome today postponed competition to tomorrow due to heavy rain.

Mohd Rizal recorded the eighth fastest time in 11.74 seconds in the 200m men's individual sprint while two national racers, Muhammad Shah Firdaus Shahrom and Muhamad Edrus Md Yunos qualified for the final round tomorrow.

For the record, Mohd Rizal contributed a bronze medal in the team sprint event at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India. – Bernama, May 10, 2014.

Kredit: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com

0 ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

 

Malaysia Insider Online

Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved